Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2 Weeks

Emily is two weeks old today.  She is now 9 pounds and has passed her birth weight.  She has a healthy appetite and starting last night she's been waking every three hours to eat and has been a little fussy which I think might be gas.  She started getting baby acne which our peditrician said would go away within a few weeks and her umbilical cord has fallen off and is healing nicely.  She'll be eating 4oz per feeding in no time!  I purchased Dr. Brown bottles yesterday to help with her spitting up and throwing up.  I spent $80 in less than 20 minutes at Babies R Us for basic things! Babies = $$$$!!

I made an appointment with a lactation consultant clinic for this Thursday.  My struggle with breastfeeding has been really stressful and pumping constantly isn't easy but I must and will try everything for Emily.  I'm constantly on thebump.com forum talking to other moms and reading information online, especially during hours when I should be resting or sleeping.  It helps to connect with other moms who are struggling too.  I don't want this stress to lead to serious baby blues.

Mirae is curious and tries to interact with Emily

Minnie would rather sleep




Super Bowl Sunday with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment