Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 10

Emily has found her hands!  She's getting better at controlling her arm movements and now sucks on her hands and fingers but still won't use a pacifier.  This means germ patrol will be crazier than ever.  A little dirt doesn't hurt anyone and I want her to strengthen her immune system instead of being in a bubble, but I do want to prevent her from getting sick too soon.



She's also getting better at the, "I'm bored, so play with me" cries.  They start off like hunger cries but then taper off to a cute whine as she gets distracted once again by her favorite mobile.  Tummy time becomes more and more enjoyable as she practices lifting her chest.  She loves to sit on the couch and is in awe of her new rattle.  She smiles most in the mornings and during diaper changes but continues to laugh only on special occassions and in her sleep. 

Couch Potato

What a difference a month makes!

Aunt Flo came back today.  I hope she enjoyed her ten month vacation as much as I did.  I got my first cramp shortly after and I laughed in it's face.  Nothing compared to contractions. 

Anyone else watch Whitney on NBC?  Hubby and I enjoy catching up on recorded episodes (thank you DVR) and I loved the season finale. 

Cute.  And I'm a sucker for corny.

This episode made me fall in love with the song "Young Blood" by The Naked and Famous.  I've heard it somewhere before and now it's on repeat.  It takes me to my happy place.




No comments:

Post a Comment