Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C'est La Vie

Remember when I said taking Mother's Milk Tea capsules was my last resort? I lied.  Last Friday I got bloodwork done to check my thyroid levels.  I read that thyroid imbalances can cause low supply so I made an appointment with a doctor.  Today, the nurse called to tell me everything was normal.  I think I confused her with my disappointed response.  I was really hoping there was a valid reason WHY my supply is low.  I'm still having a hard time coming to terms with the fact I couldn't successfully breastfeed or provide breastmilk exclusively but I must accept and move on.  It is what it is.  C'est La Vie.  I'm down to barely half an ounce A DAY....I think I have to let go now.  It's incredibly hard to let go of the guilt and it doesn't help when the baby blues come back every now and then.  I'm sorry my sweet Emily.  Goodbye breastfeeding, see you next baby.  Don't flake.

No comments:

Post a Comment