Monday, April 8, 2013

Insomnia rarely visits these days but tonight, it's gotten comfortable.  Maybe since my mind has been go, go, go since Emily woke up this morning, this is my brain's way of giving me some "me" time, at 1AM (I'll pay for it in about five hours or so).  I've been browsing food blogs for the past hour, one of my favorite things to do, and making mental notes of dishes I'd like to try.  I came across this blog just now and I'm enjoying looking through the recipes. 

Korean Bapsang

Fashion, makeup and impeccable style come so naturally to a lot of my girlfriends but for me, it does not.  For me, cooking and food hold my interests longer.  I'd much rather work with ingredients to create a dish than fashion pieces to create an outfit.  Similarly, I'm more excited about adding a coveted "piece" to my kitchen than to my closet lately.  I'm sure watching my mom take such joy and pride in her home cooking as I grew up is a huge factor in why cooking is one of my comfort zones.  As busy as my working mom was during our childhood, we rarely ate takeout.  She also packed our lunches well into the beginning of high school and as much as I cringed everyday at how uncool I was for bringing a dorky lunch in junior high, I'd do anything for one of those lunches right now!


This would be a pretty amazing view while cooking.  A girl can dream...


LOVE



No comments:

Post a Comment