Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Emily is finally napping and it's been one heck of a morning.  She fell and got a booboo on her forehead, had a major, MAJOR meltdown at her usual noon naptime and refused all three things I cooked for her lunch.  She ended up having a banana and milk.  I also went for a walk this morning with the dogs but couldn't stay out long because everytime a dog barked, I got freaked out and had flashbacks from the traumatic pit bull incident. 


Enjoying homemade popsicle
I came across this picture on Pinterest yesterday and fell in love.  How clever and cute?!  Lunch is a struggle for me since I'm too busy trying to feed Emily so I end up eating something fast (not healthy) or eating her leftovers, which leaves me hungry by dinnertime thus contributing to poor meal choices.  I think I might try this out on Sunday and prepare yummy salads for the week.


Another current obsession of mine is a Le Creuset French Oven.  Aren't the teal and orange absolutely beautiful??  It's amazing how cookware brings me such joy these days.  I'm obsessed with soups, stews, slow cooked meals and I really want to invest in one of these.  If I can bring myself to save and splurge on one of these, it will definitely be an heirloom piece I will pass down to whichever child loves cooking as much as I do.  I sometimes see them at TJ Maxx or Homegoods but I read that they're usually mismatched pieces, meaning the lids don't properly fit and they don't take enough care to package them properly for shipping.  I'll still keep my eyes open though when I'm bargain shopping and maybe I'll get super lucky. 
 
 
booboo :(

No comments:

Post a Comment