Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Another cold

Slowly but surely, the new house is starting to feel like home.  The days are going by pretty quickly with endless errands and planning for upcoming events.  I get the feeling that 2013 will whiz by.  I came down with something last week and then got Emily sick.  It's pretty lousy knowing I got my baby sick but we're both in good spirits and just waiting to kick this bug.


Emily is off the bottle and on sippy cups exclusively.  This is my happy I-don't-have-to-wash-any-more-bottles-harlem shake dance.  I'll enjoy the time off until our second baby, in which case I will not be using Avent bottles (hate washing one extra part and they leak).  Washing sippy cups isn't much better but it's a change!  I've come to the realization that my search for the perfect sippy cup is as exciting as shopping for the perfect pair of shoes.  Like a lot of other moms, I've got a growing collection of sippy cups taking over cabinet space.  My favorite?


NUK sippy cups.  These really don't leak, come with a lid for traveling and the handles are removable.  I've only been able to find them at WalMart and Babies R Us (if I'm lucky) and most of the time they only have boy designs so I ordered these cute Hello Kitty ones online.  The only con I can say is that the nipple opening tore a little after a couple of intense washing and biting from a teething baby, but the nipples are easily replaceable.


This Munchkin sippy was the first one I ever bought and Emily is fine with it but it leaks a lot when she tips it over, isn't great for traveling and the nipple is hard to remove and replace for a good wash and gunk builds up pretty quickly in between the silicone nipple and plastic handle top...gross!


I got these Playtex insulated sippys to help keep milk good in my diaper bag without having to take a separate bottle cooler bag but Emily isn't ready for the plastic spout and refused to even acknowledge the cup after awhile.


 
I also have this Playtex straw sippy after reading great reviews on it but Emily isn't ready for the straw either.  She uses it from time to time but instead of really sucking on the straw, she tilts the cup up or her head back so it defeats the purpose.  This one is pretty leak proof, which I love. 

She is now getting better at finishing her milk with meals in one sitting, three times a day instead of wanting to drink milk first and then eating solids an hour later.  She enjoys her snacks in between meals and I'm trying to mix it up so she gets a wide variety of food.  It feels like my days revolve around her meals lately.  Shopping, prepping and trying out new things for her to enjoy.  I try to do as much batch cooking as I can on Sundays but it easier said than done when life is happening.


Salmon & eggplant were a hit!

Gymboree

Watching class.  Daddy's future black belt!

Tsk Tsk Tsk baby!!
 


I'm totally drawn to these shoes lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment