Monday, September 12, 2011

Growing!

your baby's the size of a banana!
At 10.5 inches and about 12.2 ounces, she's big enough now that you've probably been feeling her movements.

your baby at 21 weeks
  • As her digestive system preps for the outside world, she's manufacturing meconium -- the tarry black substance you'll find in her first dirty diaper (ew)!
  • If it's a girl, she's already got a lifetime's supply of eggs in her womb -- about six million of them!
Baby's movements are becoming more and more noticeable.  It does really feel like gas bubbles and popcorn popping.  I can't wait until Hubby can feel her kick.  My back and hips have been sore lately because of the growing belly.  I'm a back sleeper so having to adjust and sleep on my side has been a little difficult lately but the body pillow does help.

My mom and I were talking yesterday about the first few months after baby is born.  She suggested that we move in to her house for awhile since it will be easier for her to help me out while still going to work.  I'm so grateful she will be cooking all my meals and helping out tremendously with the baby.  I did get a little anxious though because I won't be in the comfort of my own home and we will have to bring our dogs along which will most likely be a little chaotic.

There's so much to think about and plan with a baby coming and I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed.  First time mom jitters!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment