Monday, September 26, 2011

23 Weeks

Body update: The swelling has started.  As of last week, I couldn't wear my engagement ring because it started turning my finger purple.  Last night I woke up at 1AM sobbing in pain because I had shooting pains in my arms and hands.  My hands swelled up and felt like they were on fire with really bad arthritis.  The pain was so bad and wouldn't go away that I took a Tylenol which helped a little bit.  I couldn't help but feel guilty because I don't want to take any medicine during pregnancy.  The only other time I gave in and took Tylenol was during my first trimester when I had a headache so bad I could barely keep my eyes open.  Starting today I can no longer wear my wedding band as well.  My fingers look super swollen to me and my hands still feel stiff this morning.  I notice swelling in my face also.

Seinfeld "Man Hands" episode best describes how my hands look and feel today. =( sad but total LOL
It truly is fascinating all the changes my body is going through.  My body is not my own at the moment.  It belongs to baby.  I can't even begin to describe what has been happening with my boobs!! TMI for this blog.  My belly feels bigger and heavier today (with back pain, of course) and my maternity dresses for work are starting to feel too snug.  Wow.

I'm re-reading, "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy and it really is hilarious what she went through and I can totally relate. 

4 more months....

No comments:

Post a Comment