Monday, December 19, 2011

Last week of work & 35 weeks!

It's finally here: my last week of work.  I've looked forward to this for how long now?  Since I found out I was pregnant!!  It was a long, LONG 9 months for me.  I remember how tough my first trimester was at work; trying to stay awake all day, running to the bathroom to throw up every now and then and feeling like the workdays felt 20+ hours long.  It almost feels surreal that I won't be back for four months after heading out on Friday at 5:00PM.

My belly has dropped and started itching like crazy.  Emily had hiccups all weekend and has been very, very active.  I think my nesting has started as I feel the urge to start cleaning.  It's constantly on my mind and I spent the weekend defrosting the freezer so I can make room in the freezer/fridge.  My hospital bag is packed and 98% of Emily's things are ready.  Now all we have to do is CLEAN and sanitize our house.

I'm constantly reminding myself that the next four months isn't a vacation.  I won't be sleeping in everyday, meeting friends for lunch, shopping, and being lazy.  I will be sleep deprived, caring for a newborn, pushed to my limits and before I know it, back at work wondering where the last four months went!  I'm excited and nervous.

34 days left!  The ticker is all the way to the right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment