Sunday, January 1, 2012

Full Term! 37 Weeks & Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!!!  Emily is now full term.  At my doctor appointment on Friday I measured at 37 weeks and Emily is 6-7 pounds.  My doctor will do another internal exam at my next appointment this Friday to check my cervix and how much I've dilated.  She could come any day now!

Your baby's the size of a watermelon!
Yay! Baby has reached full term. She likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. She's gaining about 1/2 ounce each day.

your baby at 37 weeks
  • She's practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking.
  • She's getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready for his first diaper.

Throughout my pregnancy there were many things to look forward to: my 30th birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.  As I counted down the days to each occassion I kept thinking how slowly time was moving.  Now that it's finally 2012, the only thing left is to await the arrival of Emily. 

My due date is still 21 days away but with my frequent braxton hicks contractions and the feeling that Emily is going to literally drop out sometimes, I really think (and hope) she's going to come early.  Ofcourse if she needs more time then she will stay in until she's ready but it's getting harder and harder on my body so maybe we can make a compromise? :)

I have this weird feeling she's going to come next weekend during the next full moon.  I've heard that the labor & delivery units are always busy when there is a full moon because women start going into labor.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment