Friday, November 4, 2011

Shy

Baby Han loves to be sneaky.  She'll kick and punch up a storm but as soon as hubby or anyone puts their hand on my belly, she stops and likes to stay still.  Maybe she is shy like mommy but I hope she is an outgoing chatterbox like her daddy. 

I've been trying to capture video of my belly moving when she's twisting and turning but she seems to know and only moves when I give up or look away. 

I get the feeling that she has dropped or is head down now because I feel pelvic pressure and it's especially intense the first few seconds when I get up from sitting.  It feels very tight and heavy inside my lower belly and I feel this intense urge to pee even though my bladder is empty.  I'm pretty sure this feeling is somewhat normal at this stage of pregnancy but I'll wait and see what my doctor says next week.

I cleared up my questions regarding my maternity leave with the new temp HR at work.  PDL (Pregnancy disability leave) and FMLA run concurrent which means my FMLA will start on Dec 26th which was the day I was planning to start my leave.  Dec 26th marks the beginning of my 36th week and I wanted my doctor to start my "disability" then.  I had originally thought PDL and FMLA do not run concurrent so I was going to take advantage of disability until my FMLA started.  I definitely want more time after the baby comes so I will try to stay at work until my water breaks....(oh my).  In addition to 12 weeks of FMLA leave, I'm also entitled to an additional 12 weeks of CFRA (California Family Rights Act) for mommy and baby bonding time.  I plan to take full advantage of this also and if all goes according to plan, I will be out for a total of 24 weeks. 

Did you know New Zealand moms get an entire year of maternity leave??

No comments:

Post a Comment